no gradient was established on 2017 September 26. Here’s the publication in 2019.
All predictions can be tracked on the no gradient predictions scorecard.
• Before 2030 there will be a stable coin that is not tethered to one specific currency, but to a basket of assets. It may predominantly be backed by USD, but also may include EUR, gold, and other assets to avoid reliance on any one currency.
• Google will release a Pixel device with Google designed silicon in 2019.
• By 2025 a top three robo-advisor will offer a checking account.
• By 2022, Google will release a router with voice activated Google Assistant built in.
• Before February 1, 2019, Bitcoin will at one point trade below $3632, a 10% drop in value. BTC is currently trading at $4,031.13. This price drop will be caused by the fall out from the Ethereum Classic attack as more question the security of other blockchains. E.g. A large portion of Bitcoin is controlled by a small group of mining pools.
• The one year adoption rate for Android P will be 15% (+/- 2.5%).
• A 51% attack is currently being carried out against Ethereum Classic. ETC is currently trading at $5.05. Before February 1, 2019, ETC will at one point have a market price below $2.50. The goal of a blockchain is to maintain consensus. Once that’s gone, the value is gone.
• By 2019 the Facebook Messenger platform will be huge, absorbing what would normally be stand alone apps.
• In 2019 Google built Android devices will be the most prevalent in developed nations.
• In the Pixel 3 phone, Google will release a Face ID equivalent that utilizes less specialized hardware than the iPhone X, but makes up for it in software. Similar to Portrait mode now.
• Revamp of both the predictions scorecard and how provenance of predictions is ensured.
• Started no gradient tracks to track the accuracy over time of forward looking statements in public discourse.
• A return to the monthly no gradient newsletter after a hiatus.
• Started using MailOptin to grow newsletter.